SPRING! Oh, how I’ve missed you. The snow is melting, bikes are on the pathways, and wearing t-shirts outside is (somewhat) bearable again. Isn’t it crazy how something as simple as warmer weather can make you feel brand new again? It’s the little things, sweet ones.
April holds so many opportunities to seek joy. Each spring I am reminded of how refreshing it is to pause and take it all in. It feels a bit like a new chapter, or a fresh start. Sometimes this feeling can give us the inspiration and drive to self-reflect and let go of the things that are no longer serving us so that we can grow into our best selves. Why wait for Friday, summer, or a new year to work on a new you when the perfect time is now?
Here are five “new you” books this month that I cannot live without – and I’d love for you to know about them too:
- Atomic Habits – The incredible James Clear writes that building good habits starts with tiny changes. When I first picked this book up, I couldn’t put it down! If you need a good read to help improve your daily life, this one is for you.
- The Power of Now – Spiritual teacher and best-selling author Eckhart Tolle introduces readers to enlightenment and living presently in the moment. This book about the mind, body, and soul has changed my life – it will change yours too.
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Author, researcher, storyteller, Brene Brown is one of my favourite humans on this planet. Her words always resonate with me. The Gifts of Imperfection reminds us all to drop those shoulders and stop trying to be perfect. We are exactly where we need to be – and friends, I am so glad you are here.
- The Untethered Soul – This read was an intense one for me. Pushing yourself beyond your boundaries has many rewards and allows us to challenge ourselves in ways we never thought of. Michael A. Singer writes about the transformative relationship with yourself and the world around you – and if you know me, you know I love everything about relationships and connection.
- The Alchemist – This book changed my life when I first picked it up in university. It’s a must-read for anyone doing a bit of soul searching. It will encourage you to dream bigger and shine your light a little brighter. This book will not disappoint.
Dear ones, inhale deeply today and smell the sweet scent of promise in the air. Reconnect with your mind, body, and soul, and remember to find the joy in the little things. Spring is all about new beginnings, and the best place to start is always with you. xo